KPMG Canada has added Bitcoin and Ethereum to its corporate treasury as part of a commitment to emerging technologies and asset classes. The firm hasn’t revealed how much of the cryptocurrencies it purchased.
The Valkyrie Bitcoin Miners ETF, an exchange-traded fund (ETF) offering investors exposure to the stocks of bitcoin miners, has received approval from Nasdaq to be listed on the exchange under the ticker “WGMI.”
Kazakhstan authorities are considering a 500% tax hike on electricity for cryptocurrency miners, from one tenge to five tenge ($0.0023 to $0.012). The country’s vice-minister of finance, Marat Sultangaziev, also suggested crypto miners could pay a monthly tax on equipment.
Sponsored: Interested in kickstarting your crypto journey with Bybit? There’s no better time to join our global community of traders — you can earn up to $600 in rewards! All you need to do is complete simple tasks like buy, trade, and deposit crypto to be rewarded.
Top stories in the Crypto Roundup today:
- KPMG Canada Adds Bitcoin, Ethereum to Balance Sheet
- Valkyrie Bitcoin Miners ETF Approved to Trade on Nasdaq
- Kazakhstan Proposes 500% Tax Hike on Bitcoin Miners
- What is Avalanche (AVAX)?
- Sponsored: A Warm Welcome to Bybit – Worth up to $600 in Rewards